ABSTRACTS AND CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION
For those interested in presenting at the conference please note:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts should be approximately 500 words and include details of authors, current academic position and institution. Abstracts should be submitted at the latest on the:
- 31st January 2017 (Extended from 15th December 2016)
Please submit abstracts via email to Tine Nørgaard, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the online payment process prior to submitting the completed form. Please also ensure that you submit the same email address on both the online payment system and registration form.
PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION
If you would like to join us at the wonderful Utzon Center it is essential that you select this option when making payment.
Registration will only be completed after payment has been received, however, please feel free to submit abstracts in advance.
Once you receive payment confirmation via e-mail, please download and complete the registration form. Please then forward a copy of your confirmation of payment (receipt) with your completed registration form as an attachment via email to Tine Nørgaard, at email@example.com.
FEES AND PROCEEDINGS
The fees for participating in the conference proceedings will be as follows:
- PhD Seminar: Free of charge for registered conference participants
- Conference participation fee: 100 Euro
- Conference dinner: 100 Euro (This fee will be passed on directly to the Utzon Center on your behalf)
- 19th April 2017. 09:30 - 16:00 Fibigerstræde 2, Aalborg Universitet, Aalborg Øst, Denmark
Welcome drinks and guided tour through the heart of Aalborg
- 19th April 2017. 17:00h. Welcome drinks will be hosted at the Studenterhuset, Gammeltorv 10, Aalborg, Denmark.
- 19th April 2017. 18:00h. After the welcome drinks on Wednesday 19th April, and weather permitting, there will be a short guided walk through the historical heart of Aalborg with Hanne Dahl, a Chaplain of the Budolfi Cathedral and studenterpræst of Aalborg University.
- 20th – 21st April 2017. 09:00 - 18:00. Folkekirkens hus, Gammeltorv 4, Aalborg, Denmark
- 20th April 2017, 19:00pm, Utzon Center
FUNDING FOR PHD APPLICANTS: additional instructions
Thanks to generous donations, we are able to subsidise the registration fees for the first 20 PhD applicants. Those applicants will then be prioritised according to: 1) If they have submitted a relevant abstract, 2) The date at which the abstract was submitted. Young scholars and research assistants will be allocated funds only if there are fewer than 20 PhD applications.
The submission of the abstract ensures that if you are one of the first 20 PhD participants to submit, and if your abstract fits with the theme of the conference, you will be not need to pay the registration fee €100. Once all abstracts have been submitted on the 31st January the assessment committee will make recommendations, and we will send confirmation emails to all participants. At which point all participants will need to complete and return the registration form that can be found at the REGISTRATION FORM link above.
In order to avoid the complication of refunds, we ask that PhD students and young scholars wait until 01st February before completing and submitting the registration form, since applicants who do not receive funding will need to pay the registration fee prior to submission.
Unfortunately, accommodation will not be funded, but some options can be seen on the websites:
If you should choose accommodation that is close to the city centre, a bus should be available to take you near to where you want to be.